Thursday, October 20, 2011

Florida Botanical Gardens

The Florida Botanical Gardens is an hidden gem in Pinellas County and, fortunately for me, less than  a 10 minute drive from home. It's part of the Pinewood Cultural Park which includes the Pinellas County Extension Office, Heritage Village and formerly an art museum that has now been closed due to budget cuts.  The Botanical Gardens and the extension office together grow almost every type of plant that it is possible to grow here. Aside from being a place of peaceful tranquility and reflection in a world gone bad, the gardens are also very educational because they've labeled nearly every plant with its proper name. Come with me on a photographic tour.  All the pictures were taken today. I'm leaving a lot of great stuff out though, so you'll need to visit yourself :)

Welcome
















































3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting about the gardens. I went there about 5 years ago and had forgotton about it. I will definately plan for another visit!
    Ariel
    http://flowersandflour.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been there but it looks like a great place to visit. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes gardening take away all my stress and make me relaxed, What I enjoyed he most in gardening is when its time for harvesting the crops or tending my beautiful flowers. I enjoyed more in gardening than being in the office doing some paper works :(

    Enah

    ReplyDelete