Friday, February 19, 2010

Still Cold-Brrrrrrrr!

Well, it is still cold in my yard. The high temperature has hovered in the 50s for several weeks now. My little tomato seedlings haven't grown at all in the last two weeks. When will it end? I did see one gulf fritillary butterfly checking out the few flowers I have on my lantana. Poor little fellow. My camellia is still blooming. That makes me feel a little better.
Behold the February Tomato! This guy is a survivor from my fall planting. It is allegedly a Kellogg's Breakfast variety. I am not 100% sure what it is because one of the seeds from the packet turned out pink tomatoes instead of orange. This plant from the same seed packet seems to produce the right orange colored tomatoes but it does not taste like the descriptions of KB. Oh well, it is certainly cold tolerant!

No comments:

Post a Comment