Monday, March 21, 2011

Yard Farm Update

Winter is over and Summer is here. Where did Spring go? It's been in the lower 80s for the last week. My warm weather garden is starting to take off and my winter garden is biting the dust. I have pulled most of the lettuce and kale, but I still have a giant cauliflower that's getting attacked by bugs. I almost pulled the cauliflower, but I did see a tiny flower head in the middle. I will let it have a chance.

The new Earthboxes are finally taking off too. Here is my most advanced box with Brandywine OTV and Goosecreek tomatoes. I am happy with the number of blooms I am seeing and the leaf coverage is way better than I usually get in my normal containers. It amazing to realize how much water these things use though.





No comments:

Post a Comment