Thursday, August 4, 2011

So Hot....


I notice a strange pattern that I post very little in July and August. Why would that be? It is so hot and humid out there that I rarely visit the garden. Even when I go outside to do some minimal maintenance the mosquitoes attack me en masse. They don't seem to bother my neighbor's enjoying themselves outside in their kiddie pool. All I can usually manage is to mow and edge the rapidly growing grass and water the Earthboxes. Today I pulled a few weeds and deadheaded the roses. I actually had to wear my pajama pants in the middle of the day to protect me from the bloodsuckers. My pajamas are the lightest weight full length pants I own. I'm sure I must make quite a sight.


I like to call this the cranky time of year. I am not even too excited about the Fall garden yet. Gripe, gripe, gripe.... Anyway here are some nice photos of plants doing their thing with little invention on my part:
 
Don Juan

 
St. Patrick




Clotilde Soupert


1 comment:

  1. Your roses look beautiful inspite of the heat. summer isn't the funnest time in the garden. I do what I need to do to keep things from getting out of control.

    ReplyDelete