Monday, September 19, 2011

Waiting for the Fall

The days are getting shorter and some of my trees are losing their leaves, but it's still hot both day and night. I can't wait for some "cool" fall weather. Cool is relative for me and I would be happy with temperatures in the 60s, 70s, or 80s. I cleared out one bed leaving the eggplants and bell peppers from the spring planting. I added some red cabbage, beans, and banana peppers.




The giant pumpkin is being a bit coy. It has tons of female blooms that seem to get pollinated, but then they rot off a few days later. I am still hopeful for some fruit set.

Most of my tomatoes are healthy but still dropping flowers with no fruitset.
Red Zebra and Olive Hill are actually making some baby tomatoes in this heat. I will make a note of this because it is hard to find heirlooms that will set fruit this time of year.



No comments:

Post a Comment