Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Veggies

I still grow edibles even though you wouldn't know it from all my rose posts lately. So far this has been one of the best tomato growing seasons ever for me. The disease and insect pressure is low probably due the dry weather. They all have lots of flowers and one has some tiny fruit. The varieties I'm growing this year are: Indigo Rose, Green Zebra,  Paul Robeson, Isis Candy, Woodle Orange, Solar Flare, AAA Sweet Solano, and a few others whose names escape me right now.

I've also grown my first successful cauliflower in the Earthbox. Hurray! It is an heirloom purple variety that I grew from seed. I still have a few other varieties that I hope will make it in all this heat.

2 comments:

  1. I've never eaten a purple vegetable...but it looks beautiful. Let us know how it tastes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually gave it to my Mom to eat. She said it was mild and the best tasting cauliflower she has ever had. This was the first home grown cauliflower she has had, so that may have accounted for some of her praise. It turns green when cooked.

    ReplyDelete