Sunday, May 22, 2011

Abraham Darby

This is one of my new roses I wrote about before, Abraham Darby. I am so happy I decided to get Mr. Darby! I removed and reconfigured a whole planting bed to make room for it and I must say the bed looks a lot prettier with Abraham Darby. This bed is directly in front of my back porch so I can just sit there and look at it and eventually, I hope, smell the delightful scent through the screen. The plant to the left is a citrus/rose scented geranium and I have another rose scented geranium on the right.

This is a David Austin English rose. According to my research it's named after a man who help start the industrial revolution in England. It makes me think more of Mr. Darby from Pride and Prejudice, but that's just me.  

3 comments:

  1. My sister had an Abraham Darby in her garden and it was an absolutely beautiful rose...one of the prettiest I've ever seen. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only gorgeous looking but also wonderfully fragrant, they say. Hope he does mah-velously for you, Amber! He really gets big, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So far so good. The petals are a bit crisp in this dry heat, but the plant is healthy and no disease yet.

    ReplyDelete